We have noticed you're currently using an old insecure version of
To provide you with the best user experience possible, you will need to update your browser to continue using this website.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
We offer apprenticeships, internships, work experience and a graduate scheme within a variety of departments to kick start your career.Find out more...
Hints and Tips When Applying
Here at Fred. Olsen Travel our people are at the forefront of what we do, that’s why we have created the following hints and tips to help you when applying to one of our vacancies. If you have any questions that aren’t answered below you can always contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org were the team will be more than happy to help you.
If you want to work with us but can’t find any suitable vacancies at the moment you can sign up to receive our job alerts. The job alert section is quick and easy to sign up to, just tell us the types of vacancies that interest you and we’ll do the rest. As soon as a suitable vacancy becomes available, we’ll email you with details of the role and with links to apply.
Our application forms ask for some supporting information that may not be listed on your CV, here’s some useful information to assist you in making the most of these sections.
- Use the text boxes to answer any of our supporting questions, we have a large word count for these boxes so remember to use it to your advantage and sell yourself, we want to get to know you, your skills and motivations!
- Read each question and review your answers before you hit submit.
- Remember you can always come back to your application, take your time to answer the questions and give it some thought.
- You can upload a covering letter at the same time as your CV, this is not always needed as part of your application but is there as an option and some hiring managers like this approach.
Hints and Tips To prepare you for your Interview
- We hold interviews both in person and via video call using MS Teams and try to be as flexible as possible.
- If your interview is in person, look up the location of your interview well before time allow yourself enough time to get there. It might sound obvious, but have you checked the route? Can I get there in time? Is there parking? What’s the closest bus route?
- Our Head Office has loads of free onsite parking but not all of our branches do, so it’s best to check before you travel.
- For MS Teams interviews, ensure that you’re in the lobby in good time for the start of your interview. Check what’s in the background, is there something lurking that you wouldn’t want your interviewer to see?
- Remember the name of your interviewer, it’s a simple first impression but it will go a long way.
- Dress to impress, we don’t expect you to arrive ‘suited and booted’ however, looking your best will also help to give you that extra bit of confidence. Even on a MS Teams interview, it’s a good idea to do the same, the top half of you at least.
- Do your research. Have a look around our website for information about who we are and what we do. We’re not expecting you to be able to list everything about us but a few snippets of information are always well received and it shows that you’re genuinely interested in a role. Think about some questions that you would like to have answered. An interview is as much about us impressing you as it is the other way around, so feel free to give us a grilling!
Timeframes of when you should expect to hear from us
- Your interviewer should give you a time frame of when you should expect to hear back from us as they may have other interviews planned over the coming weeks.
- We aim to get feedback to you as soon as practically possible, we will make you aware of the outcome whether you are successful or not.
What to do if you can’t attend your interview?Applicant Privacy Notice
As part of Fred. Olsen Travel Ltd, GoCruise & Travel is one of the UK’s largest specialist cruise agencies with a network of over 60 franchisees across the UK. Find out more...